What is cPanel and Why to Use it ?As the name suggests cPanel is a web based hosting control panel given by a ton of hosting providers to many website owners, granting them a way to manage their websites using a web-based interface. That program can give users a graphical interface from where they may control their part of the server Unix server. The tools given are made to simplify running and controlling a website. It uses a tiered structure which allows various levels of access. Administrators and end users could control the different aspects of the server and the website directly using their browser. It is usually accessed with https on port 2083 or just by adding “/cpanel” to the end of the host name. This depends on the host provider, it will normally have some sort of auto installer or package dedicated to content management systems such as WordPress. Here are the articles where I have alread covered the topic;
Why is cPanel good?
- It causes net web hosting to be straightforward. You’ll immediately notice its user pleasant GUI (graphic user interface) as it helps simplifying advanced internet responsibilities this type of generation databases and subdomains, uploading of application, dumping data and processing of e-mail, installation of WordPress on domains, internet site monitoring and a couple other tasks.
- It will allow safe web page screening and experimentation.This free of charge cPanel internet hosting supplies you room to test with a large amount of techniques on the website.
- It can operate for any purpose.
- It’s likely to create a backup generation and host-transfer a child’s engage in. In just a couple of fast clicks, the person could generate a back up or transfer the data to the new host.
- It provides amazing assistance – can give you an unbelievable free web troubleshooting and also an absolute free cPanel hosting.
Why should you use cPanel Host?As you could probably already tell, it is a very mature product, and its been in the business for a very long time, among high profile hosting companies using it. In case you are yourself using a dedicated server or perhaps a VPS Hosting and you would like to begin using cPanel either for yourself or for your clients its probably worth mentioning that for a VPS the cost is about $19.99 per month or even $200 a year, as dedicated servers takes about $45 a month and $425 per annum. Many trusted hosting companies will grant you a cPanel based hosting control panel for free, and several clients are going to only select a given hosting provider, if it arrives with it. In DreamVPS we offer you the best stable VPS hosting solution for your site, coming with a free cPanel included, the price starts at about $19.99
Hosting resourcesYou could always see the current resource usage such as bandwidth, storage, number of FTP or Email accounts, amount of databases, amount of emails that were sent and more. Certain hosting providers have set up email based alerts, in case you are near the set limit, this means you will be able to take immediate action. Thus ending up helping you have a clear overview of your hosting resources and control their allocation.
cPanel ExtensibilityMany of its features are expandable using third party plugins. A lot ready-made plugins are already in the cPanel App Catalog, though you could extend it with custom written plugins. cPanel includes a well-documented JSON API with ready-made clients in both PHP and PERL, this also supports a command line API client named cpapi2. In case you have a few tasks that you find yourself doing all over again, you may want to consider getting a client who is able to do that for you, either as a Plugin or as a API client.
Add a comment